NXT Robotics Kit 9797 Maintenance
For the Kit system to work Each Kit should contain a certain number of items and in certain places. Over time some Kits become disorganised. This exercise will reorder each Kit. At the very end after all kits have been sorted and some items are missing we will order new parts to complete each Kit.
To Organise a Kit:
So much of NXT Robotics is about Team work and organising the Kits is also a group activity. Usually you will be working in pairs. For this activity you will work as One group.
From this exercise you will:
Handle and visually learn each part of the kit
Learn where each part belongs in the Tray This is important and later I will make an online quiz to help you remember.
To Organise each Kit You will need:
• Numbered A3 Photocopy of Lego Tray image
• Pens for marking photocopy
• 75 small Zip Lock Bags
• 75 Drink cups
• An Empty A4 Storage Box to place unfinished sorting cups
• Clean flat work area
One Kit or Tray at a time Slide Show
1. Place the same parts into 1 Drink Cup Each
2. If you run out of time. Place filled cups into A4 Storage Box
3. Layout in order along the bench
4. Place correct number of parts into correct area of tray
5. Tick off on A3 Photo Copy when correct OR
6. Add extras to the Zip Lock Bags OR
7. Add the number missing with circle around onto the A3 Sheet
Continue on until all parts have been sorted and counted. Hand to teacher.
Hint and Tips: Don’t knock the Orange Lego Tray as you may drop all your work.
Kits in Use
Kit Use Guidelines
1. Get to know where your parts belong in your orange storage tray
2. When you start building from your newly organised Kits you will be given painted MDF trays (with edging) Only Place Your parts and Robot on this Work Area and not on the workbench
3. Create a Team Name that we can place on Everything
4. Place unused parts back in the correct orange compartment
5. Your First Projects will come from fellow Tasmanian Dr. Graeme Faulkner
6. From my all-time hero Johnny 5 (Short Circuit) ‘Number 5 is alive’