TEAM WORK EXERCISE: SPACE AND BEYOND
This was an extremely successful exercise in basic cardboard engineering at a very young age.
Safety was a major factor and a great deal of preplanning took place. I also made separate ‘how to’ videos for each team. Each team member watched their short video in a computer Lab a number of times and I verbally quizzed them. Minimal written instruction. I was blown away with the care that the children took. Hints and Tips below video
Hints and Tips
• Plan plan plan
• Split the class up into TEAMS
• Create visual HOW TO information
• Team instructions in dot point on the white board
• Use computer programs to create interesting designs
• Use core flutes flexible hinge properties to reduce cut through of the material
• Stanley knives only protruded 2mm for the folds
• Use scissors where possible
• Make use wide metal rulers/edge cutting tools
• Glue sticks were handed out very slowly
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by DigitalTeacher.