× Design and Technology Online

QUADBLOGGING

• DigitalTeacher
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #594 by DigitalTeacher
QUADBLOGGING was created by DigitalTeacher
When Class Blogging or other class link-ups like Epals work it can be an amazingly powerful experience and a real addition to your normal class. Students, teachers expert adults comment of topics on discussion. They may be from within your school or outside your school (moderated by the class teacher). More importantly it introduces students to thinking about their course content outside of class. This is a gentle way of introducing your class and school to a blended learning environment.
The downside is that it can be very spasmodic and there are times when not much is happening. Student loose interest and it can be hard to reactivate the use of the system. In the past I have had the best outcomes when we made clear guidelines and within those, was the Time Frame......how long would this topic last etc. It can be a bit of trouble to set up but once set up can really develop the relationship between your students and the content of your course.
A new and interesting development is Quadblogging I am looking to linkup through the Quadblogging website with 4 other Automotive Classes. The year levels are: Year 9/10 and Year 11/12 . I have sent in a submission to start the linkup. There is a Google Blog up and running. Please pass on this information to other Automotive teachers. I will also be teaching a Year 9/10 Applied Engineering class if you are interested in a group Blog/Project
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by DigitalTeacher.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds

TEC Race:

FREE Tutorials 

thumb Tasmania-white map-245

Register and Login

to

get the latest updates 

RSS your Favourite Topics

Designability Logo